Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Preserving my Family's Lao Silver Bars

In this post, I will be preserving my families Lao Silver bars. Because the bars were made from Sterling silver, I employed several measures to ensure the metal would not deteriorate.



1. To prevent scratches and other damages, each piece is stored individually in its own compartment.

Here I have a container that is made from Nylon. Each of the bars is placed in its own compartment.


2. Store in tarnish-resistant case.

I put the bars in a case that would keep out moisture. The box has foam padding that can be placed on top of the object to create an almost airtight environment.


3. Store in a cool, dry place - preferably air-conditioned.

I stored the container in a shelf in one of our living rooms. It is far away from any bathroom, so moisture is not an issue. By placing the case in the shelf, I also protect the bars from any sunlight.


No comments:

Post a Comment